NETC@RDS – MEDTEL
The NETC@RDS project deploys an online service for the electronic European Health Insurance Card (eHIC) in 15 EFTAEU countries. The service – already successfully tested in 85 pilot-sites across 10 EU membr states during the previous market validation phase – is currently extending beyond the existing implementations to improve health care access for European mobile citizens, pan-European data exchange and patiens and health professionals collaboration.
The NETC@RDS service for the electronification of the EHIC serves three distinct processes:
- automated data capture for identification based on a common set of data elements,
- on-line verification of entitlement rights via national portals, and
- minimal data provision contributing to back-office interstate-billing.
The partners of the NETC@RDS Consortium are the providers of the NETC@RDS Services, and include health care providers and health insurance agencies from 13 EU member states and 2 EFTA countries.
The consortium is composed of:
- Statutory health insurance or health fund organisations
- Technical and research institutions or standardisation bodies acting on behalf of the health insurance organisations
- Hospital and/or health professional associations
- Regional government
The Consortium is politically supported by government health authorities and sponsored by industrial partners.